When you sign up you will join over 65,000 people who have already taken on the challenge, getting fit, healthy and helping you to make changes in health and fitness that will stay for life.
You have an 8 week opportunity to change your life and to reach your fitness goals, you will look back on your experience and see the positive impact it had on your life. On this page we will explain the basics of nutrition to help you get the most out of the experience!
FOOD IS FUEL
Nutrition is really important. You are about to put your body through a challenging training programme which will get in the best shape of your life.
Your body requires fuel to function at its best. Your diet should be made up of whole, natural food from good sources such as meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts and dairy.
NUTRITION FOR PERFORMANCE
Whether you are training for UWCB or just wanting to eat healthier and better, it is important to ensure you get all of the macronutrients your body needs. There are three main macronutrients your body needs:
ProteinYour body uses protein to repair tissue and build muscle mass.
CarbohydrateProvide your body with energy and are required for many functions.
FatsHealthy fats are essential for your body to run properly.
Fruit & VegetablesFull of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
BUILDING A HEALTHY MEAL
For most of your meals you should combine Protein, Carbohydrates and Fats to make a balanced meal. This will help to ensure that meals are absorbed slowly which will help you feel fuller for longer and help you feel better both mentally and physically.
Portion size will depend on your weight and your activity levels. The easiest way to check your recommended calorie intake is by using the Ultra Nutrition Macro Calculator.
|Protein||Meat, fish, eggs||Fist sized|
|Carbohydrate||Rice, pasta, potato||Fist sized|
|Fat||Natural oils, butter, nuts, seeds||Tablespoon|
|Fibre||Fruit, vegetables||Fruit - 3 per day
Vegetables - As many vegetables are you like.
A GOOD STARTING POINT
- The best starting point when it comes to nutrition, however specific you decide to get, is to eat good, real food 80-90% of the time.
- Real food contains all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre and phytonutrients you need to be healthy and perform optimally.
- You know that cakes, chocolates, alcohol and crisps aren’t nutritionally good for you, so reduce your intake.
- For more advice on which foods to eat visit the Ultra Nutrition Website.
MAKING YOUR DIET INTERESTING
Use the Ultra Nutrition Meal Ideas page to help keep your diet interesting! If you vary your diet you are more likely to stick to it and enjoy what you eat.
- Rotate different protein sources in meals and vary from meat, fish, eggs.
- Vary the types of carbohydrate you have and experiment with portion sizes to see how it works for you.
- Try out different cooking methods.
- Use different types of natural fat in meals.
- Try out some new fruit and vegetables or think of different ways to eat them.
We believe that supplements should do just that, supplement a good diet. Over the years we have encountered the same problems from Ultra participants who are struggling to lose weight or stick to their goals so we created some products to help solve these problems.Problem 1: I don’t have time at work to eat a healthy lunch, or I grab a convenient meal deal from the shop as I don’t have time to prepare lunch. Solution: Ultra Complete is a nutritionally complete meal made up of protein, carbohydrate and fats. It is used to replace a meal where you might reach for convenient food instead of something healthy. It is available in a variety of flavours and also in whey protein or plant-based protein to support your dietary needs. One serving of 400 calories contains all the nutrients you need including slow release carbohydrates to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Problem 2: I don’t eat enough protein. Solution: Ultra Protein. Everyone should aim to consume 2 grams of protein per KG of bodyweight. Most people don’t consume anywhere near this amount each day so Ultra Protein was created in order to help boost protein intake. It can be used as a snack in between meals or an after workout shake to help replace muscles.
A discounted 8 week bundle of these products is available on our Shop page which will get you £30 off. Visit here to learn more.
- Getting a good amount of sleep, you should aim for 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Train hard and give sessions 100%.
- Have a positive mindset.
- Stretch regularly, and take time to relax and recover after hard sessions.